Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Joy

"The joy of the Lord is your strength." Where do the saints get their joy from? If we did not know some saints, we would say - "Oh, he, or she, has nothing to bear." Lift the veil. The fact that the peace and the light and the joy of God are there is proof that the burden is there too. The burden God places squeezes the grapes and out comes the wine; most of us see the wine only. No power on earth or in hell can conquer the Spirit of God in a human spirit, it is an inner unconquerableness.
If you have the whine in you, kick it out ruthlessly. It is a positive crime to be weak in God's strength. "


My Upmost for His Highest - April 14

I can get alot of comments on my joy. I think (or know) that many people think that it is simply my lack of life experience or naivette. Its not. I struggle, but it never seems as bad as the world would want to make it. I can't explain it, but it takes so much for me to be down. For me to get stressed, and when I do, its just on the surface. I put on sad faces.

I was talking to one of my friends about this. I was asking why this is. Why don't I feel things the way the rest of the world does? I know I'm not apathetic, because I care about people so much, that sometimes it hurts. But I still don't express or show it the way other people do. I am happy. I am at peace. Oswald explained to me why:

It is a joy that honestly surpasses all understanding. I dare you to explain it. I have it inside me and I can't. You should hear me try. Its laughable.

I have not achieved the joy of the Lord being my strength. It has been given to me. Naviette I don't have, so don't put that on me. I have the joy of the Lord and probably an innocence I try to hold on too. Too many people have innoncence taken away from them, why would I want to give it away? But that's another note.

No comments:

Post a Comment