Monday, March 29, 2010

Conquered

The Conquered

I came at first cry
Licking my lip
I came at first step
Watching you trip
I came at first word
Whispering, “slip”
I came at first choice
And saw Him unseated
I am death
And I am defeated

I watched you grow confidant
And helped you fall
I watched you get up
And helped build your wall
I watched you dream big
And made you small
I watched you search out
And made you conceited
I am death
And I am defeated

Then came Love
And made your knees fall
Then came Mercy
And tore down your wall
Then came Grace
And made me small
Then came the Sword
The message repeated
I am death
And I am defeated

I watched you see hope
And licked my lip
I watched you walk straighter
And begged you to trip
I watched you understand Love
And wished you’d slip
I watched your last choice
And saw me unseated
I am death
And I am defeated
For Wesley Phillip Entiger who was my adopted Grandfather and who passed away last week. This was written by request and reluctantly I did, but rather than being tolerable, God gave me one of my favorite works I've done, because its about him, telling the greatest story in the world that was played out in Mr. E's last years. This guy at age 79 walked into our church an athiest and was completely transformed by his love for Jesus, completely. Ask anyone. I love him very much and can't wait to go party with him and Jesus one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment