Sunday, September 12, 2010

Purposes

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well." - Psalm 139:14

So today I was thinking about life. A single life. A personality. If we as Christians believe in a sovereign God then we have to believe that He had a plan when He made each of our individualistic snow flake selves. Take a moment to think on that. And now I'm going to tell you what I though on it.

If we are indeed made perfectly just the way He wants us that means what see as flaws are not. Now I'm not going to justify sin. How we choose to handle the way we've been made is what defines whether we are following God or going against Him. For example: If someone has a temper and is always getting into arguments. That means that God most likely made them passionate and gave them the ability to argue logically. If we give that fault to God, who knows, we could have the next great lawyer lobbying for children's rights in developing countries.

Or in my case, I can get frustrated that I sometimes seem almost apathetic to situations in life. I am not, but I have a hard time getting stressed, or flustered, or upset. It happens occasionally, but not nearly on the level of other people. This sounds like a good thing and it is, but its hard for me because if you think about how many times you've related to someone because you were both upset or stressed or flustered about the same thing. Its a lot. Believe me I know I watch you do it and can't join in because 9 times out of 10 I'm WAY far away from understanding how you feel. I just don't feel it. And I cannot fake than I do. I also run into problems when people will get upset at me for not being as upset or angry etc as they are. But once again, I cannot fake it.

Tonight as I was thinking about this it struck me that even though that frustrates me it is part of my perfect design. Now I am no where near perfect because I warp and distort the perfect design I was made into by saying things like, I frustrate me. It just got me thinking about how that is how much more I want to follow God. Because He made me the way I am, He is going to use me the way I am. And if I am not following Him then I become like a square peg trying to fit into a round a hole. I cannot do what I was designed do if I am not listening to the one who designed me. When I do that I become a round peg in a round hole. I become useful in the greatest Kingdom on earth and that is nothing to complain about.

"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." - Philippians 1:6



No comments:

Post a Comment