Monday, February 8, 2010

Words

Attractive sounds like a dictionary word for if we think something is, well, attractive. Hot would be the culture way of putting it, the nicer way of putting it. Pretty feels like an obligatory one. Gorgeous feels overdone, like you are trying to impress. My suggestion for use? BEAUTIFUL. It is an amazing word. It feels sincere and has a poetic feel behind it. It has been used for generations and the meaning has not really changed. It makes you feel good. Especially if you are described as beautiful. My theory on why? I think some people will hear the word hot and think of the last actress of supermodel they saw described as hot in People or wherever. When you hear beautiful you can think of an amazing thing in nature, or something that is a realistic of classic beauty. A beauty that is natural and not made up of your clothes or amount of eyeliner and airbrushing. It means that someone is naturally beautiful, and not made or created by anything other than God. Maybe that's not what everyone wants to hear, but I do. I think that there are plenty of other reasons its the best word for the usage, but that's my opinion of it.

"I can't get your smile out of mind. I think about your eyes all the time. You're BEAUTIFUL and you don't even try. Modesty is just so hard to find."
-Lovebug by the Jonas Brothers (Yes they sometimes hit it good, sometimes I could write a whole post on the ridiculousness of Disney Music and the person who told them that is was good and cool to talk in the middle of thier songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment